I know the last time i posted I said i would stick to this...
so no promises being made this time.
I have read so many blogs that when they were far out from surgery
and started to gain they stopped posting, I don't want people to think
that no one has long term success with the band.
I was banded in march of '09
I lost my weight pretty quickly.
I had plastic surgery in April of '10.
at the end of 2010, my back would not allow me to do
much of anything and the Dr. told me to listen to my body....
i listened to depression and gained 40 pounds by doing NOTHING and eating whatever i wanted.
in early 2011 i found a lump in my breast (thank GOD it is apparently scare tissue),
I had cancer cells removed from my cervic (i go ON TIME to my yearly, the lab screwed up and never sent the abnormal results to my Dr. or me until SIX months later! My Dr. then called, i had to do a biopsy and it was removed and have since had a CLEAN test done again!) in the beginning of Oct.
THEN....the end of oct i started with migraines EVERYDAY again (i have them often, but the last time they were this often was in 2005). I was finally at my wits end and was able to see the Dr. in January.
by then i had already started to change (read: get back to what i should have been doing all along...band rules and healthy eating MOST of the time) my eating. I had seen the 170's before this!
I went to the Dr told him everything that was going on (my weight was 164!) and he said something that had been mentioned before: MS!
I was scared, but very determined to change my life, my health, whatever it took because i have a lot of years left to raise kids! (i have a college kid who i would like to see marry and have his own family. i have a middle school kid, who i would like to see go off to college. i also have 2 little ones, one going to kindie and the other pre-k!!!! they NEED thier mommy!!!)
I had orders to have an MRI specifically for MS, and asked besides meds (because the side affects are usually WORSE than the problems i take meds for) what is the BEST thing i can do for myself if it IS MS?
his answer: "Be as healthy as possible. When you have an 'attack' you will recover quicker if you are already strong."
I went home and started running again... if i'm gonna end up in a wheelchair one day, i'm gonna run until that day comes!
my back seems to bother me sometimes, but apparently the bulging disc had lots of time to heal and it's not pinching whater nerve was making me fall. i'm on a migraine prevention med that is helping for the most part. my BP is GREAT, and i'm down....to 127 pounds! my goal has been 124 and i'd love to get under 120 but really, anything under 130, and i'm happy.
I wear a small-large shirt depending on the make (large is usually for the boob area and usually in Jr.s size) I have gotten back into my 4's and have room in them but not ready to go smaller just yet.
Wanna B thin again...is almost there!
Bullshit and Some Truth
7 years ago


I am so happy that you got into your goal range and sad that you are dealing with such unbelievable health problems. I will keep you in my prayers for a clean MRI.... Pretty Please. I have a friend with MS and she lives a pretty full life, but has good days and bad days.
ReplyDelete